gif credit genuinehuman
1. Where were you when 2015 began?
I was at my boyfriend’s house (Richmond, BC) and we were having a mini party that was less party and more just talking and going out in the middle of the night to buy chubby chicken from A&W. Oh yeah, a bottle of champagne was opened and the cork hit the back of my head.
2. What did you do in 2015 that you’d never done before?
a. I started to live alone for the first time in my life! (sept 2015)
b. I got an iphone!
c. I got a full time salaried job!
d. I went on production!
e. I made some TV spots.
f. I went to Tokyo for the first time!
g. Had Omakase sushi for the first time.
3. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
NOPE! But for 2016 – I want to read more.
4. Go to any concerts this year?
Somehow I really don’t think I did.
5. Will you be looking for a new job in 2016?
Hopefully not! I just got this job!
6. Did you drink a lot of alcohol in 2015?
Often but not a lot.
7. Did you go on any vacations? If so, where?
I went to Tokyo with my boyfriend!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting hired after my internship! and receiving my master’s degree!
9. If you could go back in time to any moment of 2015 and change something, what would it be?
I probably have said things that I shouldn’t have but that happens every year and I doubt that’ll ever change.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
I bought a lot of furniture for my new apartment! I bought a ton of clothes and shoes as usual! But I really love my copy of BEAMS AT HOME. I love that book so much!
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Everyone has been really supportive this year.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
When you are writing an end of the year review, it’s hard to think about stuff like this. A lot of stupid things happened this year, as usual but if you really think about it, none of it was that bad.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Trip to Tokyo, clothes/shoes, rent, furniture.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
I got really excited about my trip back to Asia, my first one in a quite a few years. I was also really excited about graduation even though I didn’t really think beyond my graduation trip. Everything ended up working out really well.
16. What song will always remind you of 2015?
It’s another year of none stop Lana del Rey on repeat. Florida Kilos stood out to me a lot, and Ryan Adams 1989 album in which I listened to on repeat for a few flights (for some reason). I got into the kpop boyband Winner for a week or so. I really loved Sky Ferreira’s GHOST EP.
So maybe my song of the year was
Everything is Embarrassing.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you happier or sadder?
Happier, I’d like to think. But I also feel really angry lately. It’s not good and I realize it too.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
I think I say this every year but I doubt I’ll change. I wish I wasted less time.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Everything was necessary.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
I opened presents with my boyfriend and we ate at a random Asian mall and had hot pot at night! what else is there to do?
22. Did you fall in love in 2015?
23. What was the biggest change for you in 2015?
Moving out of Richmond Virginia, and to Portland Oregon without really knowing where I will be.
24. What were your favorite TV programmes?
Been binge watching Mad Men and a ton of japanese and korean dramas. But the Jdrama that I really loved watching this year was Mondai aru restaurant.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book you read?
Uh, need to read more.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Carly Rae Jepson?
28. What did you want and get?
I got the job that I wanted.
29. What did you want and not get?
I want a car!! (same as last year! but maybe I’ll really buy one in 2016)
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
I feel like I didn’t watch anything that I loved.
31.What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Don’t remember – I turned 27.
32.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
If it weren’t so hot this summer.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2015?
Um, free shirts from my boyfriend, jeans, sneakers and ever so big coats.
34. What kept you sane?
Korean dramas, Japanese dramas, tumblr, gawker (at times), my mom, my boyfriend.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
36. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
The entire Lykke Li I never learn album>
37. Who did you miss?
Missed my family a LOT.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Hmmm. I met a lot of new people this year, there’s no doubt about that. Everyone was cool.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2015.
Shut the fuck up.
40. What are your plans for 2016?