1. Where were you when 2014 began?
I can’t remember. According to timehop, I was at a New Year’s Eve Party. I haven’t seen any of those people for at least a year!
2. What did you do in 2014 that you’d never done before?
a. I worked at an ad agency
b. I visited New Jersey airports
c. I visited a state fair
d. I no longer have a Canadian mailing or living address….
d. I lived the entire year on my own
and lots more that I can’t seem to remember anymore.
3. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Probably not, resolutions become less and less relevant as the years go on..
4. Go to any concerts this year?
I saw First Aid Kit in Virginia.
5. Will you be looking for a new job in 2015?
Yes….definitely. It’ll be a very stressful few months leading up to graduation. I really wonder where I’ll be next year New Year’s Eve.
6. Did you drink a lot of alcohol in 2014?
LESS! a Lot less than before.
7. Did you go on any vacations? If so, where?
I went to LAS VEGAS with my boyfriend!
and we went to portland again in the summer time!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Going to New York city for an internship for two months. Even though it wasn’t completely enjoyable, I learned a lot..not only about the work but also about myself! as in I definitely don’t want to live in new york city after I graduate. Another accomplishment could be that I somehow managed to advanced into the second year of grad school…and I will definitely graduate!
9. If you could go back in time to any moment of 2014 and change something, what would it be?
I’m sure there were things that I could have changed or done better, but I can’t see any of them as regrets. (same as last year)
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing very severe.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
I bought Bose Headphones on sale, and recently acquired the amazingly warm Woolrich Arctic Parka!! My boyfriend also got me huge balloons in my name, cause you know, why not.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
My mom and dad! My boyfriend! My classmates :D My roommate! (same as last year!)
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
FOOD! And random shit that I’ll buy on amazon because, you know, late night browsing and two day free shipping isn’t necessarily a good thing.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
I got really excited about NYC, because I had SUCH a good time in 2008 but…this time around, it was kind of disappointing.
16. What song will always remind you of 2013?
Not sure, I guess West coast by Lana Del Rey though really because it’s the only song that I can recall right now.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you happier or sadder?
Same old Same old? Until I know where I’ll live I think I’ll just keep on feeling anxious.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Writing. (same as last year)
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Procrastinating and laziness (same as last year)
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Went out to eat at an asian mall cause they never close (same as last year, but this year I went with my boyfriend.)
22. Did you fall in love in 2014?
I guess I stayed in love.
23. What was the biggest change for you in 2014?
Staying in Richmond Virginia, and realizing that I’m still here.
24. What were your favorite TV programmes?
I WATCH EVERYTHING! But one thing that I recalled is that I binge watched Orange is the New Black even though I was on vacation in Portland.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book you read?
I didn’t read much this year… (ashamed)
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
FIRST AID KIT! And a week after I found out about the band, I got to see them in Richmond (VA).
28. What did you want and get?
I don’t know? I feel like all I want are material things..so in that sense I am always very fulfilled because I am very lucky to have the type of life that I lead. But right now, I think I just want to know where I’ll live and work in the coming up years.
29. What did you want and not get?
I want a car! But I don’t think I’ll get one any time soon.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
31.What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 26 this year it was uneventful.
32.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
hmmm…. I can’t really think of anything.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2014?
keeping it cute in all black everything.
34. What kept you sane?
the internet, tumblr, music, my boyfriend, tv shows, talking to my mom on the phone, skyping with my boyfriend, Amazon Prime, Trader Joes’…
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
36. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I got nothing..
37. Who did you miss?
This year, I think I got more used to living alone. My roommate has been living on her own for over six years at a very young age, she says that she doesn’t miss her family as much anymore..because she’s had so little interactions with them. I don’t feel like that but I definitely am more independent, and right now, I don’t know if that’s a good thing or a bad thing.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
One of my bosses at R/GA.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2014.
40. What are your plans for 2015?
GRADUATION! RECRUITMENT DAYS! WORK! MOVING (again)