1. Where were you when 2013 began?
with my boyfriend, watching TV somewhere pretty boring
2. What did you do in 2013 that you’d never done before?
a. I got fired from a job
b. I visited Phoenix and Chicago airports
c. I moved to Richmond, Virginia
d. I started living on my own
e. I started advertising school
f. I became pretty obsessed with Restaurant Story
and many more minor ones like that I enjoyed the benefits of Amazon Prime
3. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Surprisingly, I made a lot of resolutions and no I didn’t keep them at all.
4. Go to any concerts this year?
I went to see GHOST BC
5. Will you be looking for a new job in 2014?
NO not yet, more school for me, but hopefully I can land some freelance gigs.
6. Did you drink a lot of alcohol in 2013?
I drank very often, when I was in school, I went out drinking often but I never drank to the point of sickness.
7. Did you go on any vacations? If so, where?
I went to Portland in January 2013, it was very very cold.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting into advertising school and moving to a brand new and completely unknown city.
9. If you could go back in time to any moment of 2013 and change something, what would it be?
I’m sure there were things that I could have changed or done better, but I can’t see any of them as regrets.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Since June I’ve been breaking out in hives all the time and it lasted throughout until the end of the year. But only recently I realized that it was a result of my anxiety of moving to a new city and starting something completely new. The hives were completely mental and not at all physical, it was scary how quickly the hives basically stopped appearing ever since I made that realization
11. What was the best thing you bought?
I bought a LOT of new things this year because of my move, I guess I do love my macbook air, but I was really obsessed with my Doc marten sandals
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
My mom and dad! My boyfriend! My new classmates :D
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
School, moving, food..
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
I want to say school…but it gave me more anxiety than anything else.
16. What song will always remind you of 2013?
?? I feel like I listen to less and less music as time goes by.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you happier or sadder?
I want to say happier, but I’m not 100% sure. At the end of the year, everything always feels bittersweet. This year, I can say for sure that I don’t know how to feel. Even though I have found a direction, there’s still the feeling of floating in space.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Writing. (same as last year)
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Procrastinating and laziness (same as last year)
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Went out to eat at an asian mall cause they never close (same as last year)
22. Did you fall in love in 2013?
I guess I stayed in love.
23. What was the biggest change for you in 2013?
Moving to Richmond, Virginia
24. What were your favorite TV programmes?
I basically watched anything and everything, I had a lot of alone time and I needed a lot of pick-me ups. Especially, I watched Japanese dramas and korean dramas, more than stuff that was on TV or stuff that was popular. The asian stuff were always fluffy, and it helped when I was really tired or stressed. I really enjoyed Reply 1994 (kdrama) and Miss Pilot (J-drama), Miss Pilot was so cheesy but I loved it…
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book you read?
I didn’t read much this year… (ashamed)
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I just listen to whatever, I can’t seem to focus my mind on stuff like this anymore.
28. What did you want and get?
I guess I wanted to get into advertising school and I did get in. I’m happy and better because of it…
29. What did you want and not get?
A car! maybe next year.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
The Way Way Back
31.What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 25 this year and I was living in Richmond Virginia already, I spent it eating pho with my roommate and friends, then getting drinks at a bar near my house.
32.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
…. ? I don’t want that much anymore, or maybe I want a lot and I’m just lazy. I don’t know how I feel anymore.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013?
errr.. whatever’s there. Baggy tops and skinny bottoms?
34. What kept you sane?
the internet, tumblr, music, my boyfriend, tv shows, talking to my mom on the phone
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
….hmm …. nope…
36. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
can’t think of anything, how boring, sorry
37. Who did you miss?
Missing someone is a weird thing. when i moved away I knew that I’d miss everyone a lot and I did. but it was in passing, everything was in passing, it went away more easily than I thought it would. I guess because nothing especially happened while I was away. Sometimes I felt like I wanted to miss people more than I did. Present life is way more harboring than one would think.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
A lot of my new classmates, i won’t name names…
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013.
One day at a time.
40. What are your plans for 2014?
More ad school, freelance work? internship…
I don’t know what the future would hold but I know that there are major major major changes on the horizon. A part of me already is nostalgic for what hasn’t passed… am I happy for the changes? I honestly can’t tell at this point…